12 – 24 months
Curiosity and imagination are where learning begins. In our toddler classrooms, your child will turn play into meaningful learning experiences. Our well-balanced toddler program helps to boost children’s confidence as they explore the world around them through hands-on learning activities. Our toddler program focus’ on self-soothing and self-regulation techniques, promoting independence, motor-skill development, and coordination, sensory activities and language.
Our toddlers explore concepts such as cause-and-effect, trial-and-error and problem-solving through intentional teaching and purposeful play. Your child will also explore new concepts through hands-on activities and building memory, reasoning and problem-solving abilities. We use Frog Street Toddler Curriculum with this age group.
In our Toddler classroom you can expect:
- An active reading program that allows children to be involved in the story and talk about their experiences and pictures.
- A schedule that provides time and space for activity play such as jumping, running, balancing, climbing, dancing and exercising.
- Musical activities such as singing, listening to music, dancing and playing instruments.
- Age appropriate activities planned daily to enhance and promote each child’s pattern of growth and development.
- A classroom filled with blocks, puzzles, manipulative toys, books, musical instruments, dramatic play items and art materials.
- Activities for labeling, classifying and sorting objects by shape, color and size.
- Warm, loving and responsive caregivers.
- Caregivers who will listen and respond to children with attention and respect.
- Caregivers who encourage children to use language, safe exploration and play.
- Children to learn Spanish vocabulary for familiar objects.